Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Issue No 15 September 2010 Publisher's Note





Early this year, I thought that the only time the Filipino-American Community would be having events is around June, which is our Independence Day Celebration and then again during Christmas Season. Looking back, I now realize how little I know then. Looking at our new EVENTS TAB online I could already tell we are going to be busy all the way to December. How exciting!

Cultural Events are really important because not only does it remind us
of our roots it also brings us closer to one another in our own community.
For me, starting a business in this kind of economy was really tough and
it is still tough. The passion however to support the Filipino Community keeps me going and the friends that we meet in these events that we accumulate make up for a strong support system, a network. It might not necessarily be just the Filipino-American Community but also friends from
different community events around. I strongly believe that if we continue to support each other, leverage each other’s strengths, we will get through this. So don’t hesitate to ask, to reach out, you might be surprised!

Melanie Azcuna Garcia
Publisher

“Win loose no matter. Try hard. Earn respect”-Mr.Miyagi, KARATE KID

No comments:

Post a Comment