Tuesday, August 24, 2010

June 2010 Issue No 12 Publisher's Note


How did your Mother’s Day go?

I think mine was the best one ever! Let’s just say I got everything that I wanted for Mother’s Day including the Lechon (roasted pork) from Fil-Am Bakery and Fastfood but most importantly I got to spend it to the two most important people in the world, my husband Ezra and my four year old daughter Megan.

June is another important month to all of us.
June 5 is still the Fiesta Filipino of Sacramento (see page 8) which we are very excited to participate for the first time! June 12 is Philippine Independence Day. Kumusta na ba ang ating bayan? What have we done lately to help our motherland, Philippines? I know we already help a lot as it is by just sending our hard earned dollars over there to support our love ones. That is just how we are we can’t turn our back from where we came from…and then here comes Father’s Day, June 20. Hmm I am thinking steak, a homemade gift certificate that says “you are entitled to play video games all day no interruption” or a gift card to best buy? Wish me luck! And to all of the DADs, Happy Father’s Day!!!



Melanie A Garcia
Creator and Founder

No comments:

Post a Comment